Monday, May 21, 2007

Embroidery


I have fallen love with embroidering !!! I picked up a little embroidery kit that was on clearance at Wal-Mart on a whim, and now I am hooked !! It is so relaxing and fun. Learning the different stitches from a book has proven somewhat tricky. It would be easier if someone were here to show me. Of course, learning is half the fun :) I will probably finish this one in a day or two, so now I have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby and see what I can find to start on next. I would love to get to the point where I can make my own patterns. I would love to make my daughter a dress and embroider it. OHHHH the possibilities are flying around now LOL Maybe even a kerchief hmmmm anyone know what you do about the backing? it is kinda sloppy in the back where I start off and tie off. Is there a trick to making it a little bit neater for things like napkins and kerchiefs that have no backings? When I finish the one I am on now I will post a pic :)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment